The Griswold Family Christmas Tree

16 December

Normally, I love our Christmas tree...the wonderful smell, the glowing lights, the beautiful decorations. 
Not this year.  
We picked up our tree on the way home from our Thanksgiving trip to NJ.  It was FREEZING (like, 2 degrees freezing) and getting dark.  Out in the middle of a huge field, this tree looked great.  I should've started getting worried when they said it was too big to fit in the baler.  Things just went downhill from there.  


It took these guys about 30 minutes to get this thing through the front door.  


Then it kept tipping over, so we had to cut about two feet off the bottom.  This resulted in our tree looking like a fat bush.  
The next day, it fell over when I tried to put the tree skirt under it.  
Finally, we got it secured and the kids decorated it.  I didn't even add ribbon or anything.  I was so frustrated with it at this point that I didn't feel like spending any extra time making it look really pretty. 

  


Oh well.  It definitely made for some funny memories...and solidified the idea of a fake tree from now on.  


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. It still looks pretty and I'm sure the kids love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! This post gave me a good laugh! And noooo to fake trees😜. Maybe just go slightly smaller next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bush made it to the blog. YESSSSSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that thing looks huge, even in the field. Clearly you had "travel brain".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Travel brain+cold+dark+not a big selection of trees= bad choice. Never again.

      Delete