My Hero

17 January

I am so very fortunate to be able to call this man my dad.  And just last week I came close to losing him to a bad car accident. Praise the Lord that he is ok and still with us, because I cannot imagine life without him.  A few of this man's amazing traits: godliness, patience, kindness..basically all the fruits of the spirit. :)  I remember when I was little, and Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" would come on the radio- and I always thought of my dad.  And here I am, at 32 years old, and he's still my hero.  

Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
cause you are the wind beneath my wings

I love you, Dad.  















You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. very sweet-Dad loved it too-a tear-jerker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a pretty fantastic guy:). We love him too! Reminds me so much of my dad.

    ReplyDelete