Friday Favorites

06 September


I'm currently in the process of switching my blog over to Wordpress, and we're taking our big kids on a surprise trip for a few days..so things will be a little quiet on here next week.  But hopefully we'll be back bigger and better. 😉 But first, here's some favorites from this week...

Favorite picture:
I can't get over how big Tessa looks here.  If I'm being honest, there are many moments when I just watch her in amazement: that she's walking, talking, healthy, and actually able to wear normal clothes.  I don't take any of it for granted, and I thank God each and every day for how He has taken care of her.  


Favorite kid quote:

Grace: "I need to go wash my hands because they're all chicken nuggety."  


Favorite food:
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law years ago (thanks Teresa!) and it's seriously the easiest and most delicious French toast casserole ever.  
I use this bread from Target, which makes it especially good. 

Overnight Caramel French Toast: 
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1 tbsp light corn syrup
12 slices brioche bread
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon, divided
6 eggs
1 1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla

In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour  into a greased 9x13 dish.  Top with six slices of bread.  Combine sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread.  Place remaining bread on top.  Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon.  Pour over bread.  Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.  Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.  



Favorite clothing item:
This dress is even prettier on.  It's so comfortable and a perfect piece to transition into fall.  


Favorite verse:
"He who believes in Me, as the scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water".  John 7:38



Favorite moment:






Spending a beautiful Labor Day with friends and family following an encouraging weekend together.  


Favorite mom meme:
Anyone else's kids suffer through this craziness with Dad? 


Have a great weekend! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments