Field Trip

12 October

 So here it is, my very first blog post!  


My main reason for starting this blog is to open up another means of communication with family and friends that live far away.  The title of this blog is true:  Almost 10 years ago, I moved from New Jersey to Iowa to marry my farmer of a husband...and while it was definitely worth it, and I love that man with all my heart, the road isn't always an easy one.  I miss my friends and family, and often find myself wishing they were here.  Today was one of those days.  

So, instead of being sad about them not being here to participate in daily activities with me, I've decided to blog about them instead!  This way they can (sort of, in a boring kinda way :)) enjoy the day too.  

Today, Claire had her very first school field trip to the pumpkin patch.  It was FREEZING.  Seriously....30*!  But a fun day nonetheless, and we enjoyed our time together.  Little brother Max had a fun morning spent in the combine with daddy, learning the ropes for future days.  

Super excited about the bus ride...and I still can't figure out why there are no seat belts on those things.  
                                        
                                                   Listening to a story about the life cycle of a pumpkin


Assembling a paper version of a pumpkin's life cycle on a very windy day with 16 preschoolers=slightly challenging 





Lots of little hands eager to feed non-hungry goats











You Might Also Like

0 comments