Winter Walk

05 February

Saturday was a balmy 38 degrees.  
We decided to take a little hike through the woods behind our house to the creepy old playground/park area hidden back there. 
The snow was heavy and wet, 
the air felt warm, 
I lost my sunglasses (thankfully Ben found them yesterday since
most of the snow had melted), 
I got hit in the head with a tree brach,
and each kid found something to complain about along the way.  
It was a good time.   
It actually really was nice to get out in the fresh air after being cooped up inside all week long.  
But you know how sometimes things just go much differently than how you pictured it happening in your mind? In my mind, I thought we'd have four happy children stomping/sledding their way through the snowy woods as we all just quietly took in the nature around us. 
Silly me. 



They did love being at the park area, and we had a lot of fun exploring back there.    
  
The walking to and from? Not so much.  
But memories were made, and everyone barely survived.  

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Haha!!! That happens to us too.... good intentions though haha! Cute pics anyways!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of those memories😂😂😂thinking “this will be SO much fun~not”. Oh well some good, fresh air❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we figured- and Ben and I got a good workout in. 😉

      Delete