Field Day

22 May

Yesterday was Claire's field day at school, and thankfully it was an absolutely beautiful day to be outside. She seemed excited about it, and gave me a huge smile when she came out and lined up with her team...but at times she looked on the verge of tears while running a relay. Max and I were sitting on the sidelines cheering our hearts out for her, and were occasionally rewarded with just a small smile.  When it was done I asked her if she had fun and she told me, "I did...but I really don't like all those people looking at me".  As in, all the parents/grandparents/siblings sitting on the sidelines cheering for their kids.  This poor girl has definitely inherited my family's fear of being the center of attention, and would prefer to just fade into the background somewhere. I'm so proud of her for doing her best trying to run, jump, kick, and balance in front of that overwhelming crowd of onlookers.  













 I'm going to guess that this was probably her LEAST favorite activity.  ;) Sorry kid, it's not personal. 
With Ashtyn, this year's bff 
 With her teacher, Mrs. Mouw 


You Might Also Like

2 comments