Claire's Luau

24 August

Claire's 9th birthday fell on the Monday of family week...so what better way to kick off the week than with a birthday luau? The weather was gorgeous, the island tunes played all day, and she was surrounded by family...it was a pretty perfect day! 




Aunt Beth, our professional florist 



Max giving us a beat with his homemade drum



Kel, the tattoo artist 


















I am not a fan of pets.  
Claire has been asking for a puppy for several years, but that is most certainly not happening right now. I told her we'll MAYBE think about it when she's 13. 
Earlier this summer we went for a bike ride and there was a cat from a nearby house following us on the path.  Claire and Max wanted to bring it home with us so badly and were so sad when we had to leave it there. 
So, I started considering the idea of letting them get kittens.  A guy Ben knows had some, so we decided to surprise her for her birthday.   
Meet Patches and Sunshine...the newest 
"members" of our family. They are inside in these pictures (only because they were so stinking cute...and terrified) but this was the first and last time they will ever step a paw inside our house. Their food and water are in the garage, but they roam around outside and seem very content with this arrangement. 
As do Claire, Max, and Grace. 
As for me...seeing the joy on their faces gets me every time. I guess I can live with the paw prints on my car. 





You Might Also Like

1 comments