What's Up Wednesday

25 October


What we're eating this week: 

M- Pumpkin waffles
T- Sausage & veggie sheet pan
W- Pork tenderloin 
Th- Lasagna
F- Baked chicken
S-Pizza 

What I'm reminiscing about: 
We had family pictures done with my favorite photographer, Jenny, this past weekend.  The last time we had them done Tessa hadn't joined our family yet, so we were due for an update. 

What I'm Loving: 

A fire in the fireplace. Fall weather arrived this week, and there is just nothing better than a cozy fire when it's cold and windy outside. 

What we've been up to:
Well, technically this is what Ben's been up to...


What I'm dreading:

Cleaning up these bugs as they slowly take over my house. 

What I'm working on:
Putting up Christmas lights.  I don't turn them on until November, but I like to get it done before it's 30 degrees outside. 

What I'm excited about: 
Halloween is almost here! Our costumes this year are my favorite to date.  Everyone picked their own (except Tessa😉), and they are PERFECT. 


What I'm watching/reading: 
I'm studying the book of James, and I love it. It's so convicting.

And along with This is Us and Designated Survivor, I love these two shows...



What I'm listening to: 
Two months is not long enough to listen to Christmas music. So I start now. 

What I'm wearing:  

All the vests! I don't like wearing a coat, so if I can get by with wearing a vest and staying (somewhat) warm, I'll do it. These two are my favorites: 


 Also, these scarves are my ABSOLUTE favorite.  Perfect weight, perfect warmth, perfect colors.   


What I'm doing this weekend:

Sledding perhaps?! I mean, I do love a good snowfall in December...but October is pushing it. 

What I'm looking forward to next month:
Thanksgiving in NJ! 

Bonus question: What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?  

Our thanksgiving meal, cooked by my very talented sister-in-law and mom, is amazing. My favorite side dish is probably her stuffing and the sweet potato casserole. And the corn bread. And now I'm salivating.  


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love those vest options. I can't believe you have snow in the forecast! We live in Ohio and although snow isn't out of the question this early, we usually don't have to deal until late November. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually how we are with snow too- so it just seems too early right now! Hope you have a warmer weekend in your forecast. ☺️

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was ready for the fires, but NOT for the snow. 😱

      Delete
  3. LOVE this....
    1- boo to snow... please come visit
    2- yessss to your scarves and vest options, and NJ holiday!!
    3- CAN NOT WAIT FOR YOUR HALLOWEEN PICS
    4- all the heart eyes for xmas music in oct

    {Fave side dish is my aunt paula's stuffed mushrooms, which we try to recreate!}

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- yes, I should be in Hawaii right now! And on my, stuffed mushrooms sound AMAZING! I love favorite family recipes. ❤️

      Delete