What's Up Wednesday

27 March




What we're eating this week:  
M- Chicken tortilla soup
T- Breaded cod
W- Ham 
Th- Panera Bread
F- Tilapia 
S- Pizza 

What I'm reminiscing about: 
 These pictures are hard for me to look at, but I can't stop thinking about them.  Exactly one year ago, our poor girl was failing and the doctors couldn't figure out why.  She was in so much pain, and did nothing but sit on my lap day after day.  



If you had come into this hospital room and told me that in exactly one year, Tessa would be healthy, walking, talking, playing, climbing, and just completely loving life- I would not have believed you. Her future was so uncertain during this hospital stay, and it was hard to imagine her getting healthy again.  
But God performed yet another miracle through this strong girl- and she is doing amazing. 


What I'm loving: 
These nails (grab them at Target for $5.99) are amazing.  They stay on through everything, and don't look at all like the press on nails I used to put on in the 6th grade.  Gel manicures are hard on my nails, so these are a nice alternative.    
Another alternative is this Essie gel top coat.  
You guys, this stuff is unreal.  If I paint my nails, the paint starts coming off that same day and I end up taking it all off.  But  with this on top?  IT STAYS ON.  Through cleaning, bathing, cooking,   digging, exercising...whatever happens in the day.  Right now I'm wearing one of my favorite colors- OPI "Cajun Shrimp": a bright, happy, warm weather color.  


What we've been up to:
Enjoying the spring temperatures. 

What I'm dreading: 
When Ben gets busy with spring work.  Because we all miss him.  


What I'm working on:
Frantically trying to finish up all my inside organization projects before the weather gets really nice- because then we'll just want to be outside. 

What I'm excited about: 
I am SO READY to be done with winter gear.  I just want to walk outside the door with shorts and flip flops and sunshine on my face. 

What I'm watching/reading: 
Ben and I have watched the whole series of Chuck probably 3 times.   We're going for a 4th now.  
 And I'm continuing on with Rachel Hollis.  


What I'm listening to: 
I love everything about this: the song, the video, the fact that the JoBros are back at it.  


What I'm wearing: 
This sweatshirt.  All day, errrrrrr day. People are starting to think I only own this sweatshirt and black leggings. 

What I'm doing this weekend: 
The kids have off on Friday, so we're heading somewhere fun. And Saturday looks cold again. 😭

What I'm looking forward to next month: 
EASTER!  
Last year was not exactly enjoyable with Tess being so sick,  but she is going to LOVE it this year.  I can't wait to watch her hunt for eggs with her big siblings.  


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Chuck is a favorite in our house too! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa!!! Wow...so thankful for her health and joy. To God be the glory!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were some hard days. 😢 But yes, feeling incredibly thankful for where she is today!

      Delete