Friday Favorites

26 July




Shockingly, I'm still not done recapping our family week in Tennessee. #somanypictures 
But don't worry, I'll finish it up next week after this little break for some Friday favorites.😏  

Favorite picture:
It was absolutely beautiful the other evening, and I was feeling incredibly thankful for this view in my backyard. 


Favorite kid quote:
Tessa, talking about my brother Josh (who has a port-wine stain birth mark, just like her): "I love Uncle Josh. He's just like me."  

I love that she has someone related to her that shares a part of her "uniqueness" with her.  It will be hard for her when she realizes that she is not built like everyone else.  I'm sure that even just this little similarity with Uncle Josh will be a help to her.  Thanks for the port-wine power, Uncle Josh! 


Favorite clothing item:
 These girls think it's so fun to dress like me, and you better believe I'm going to soak that up until the moment they think dressing like me is not cool anymore.  
These dresses are so pretty and comfortable, and they're back in stock!  
Side note, if you are an expecting or nursing momma, you really need to check out their selection of dresses made especially for you.  They are so pretty and functional! 

I'm wearing these sandals in the above picture.  I am loving this style right now, and this pair is so comfortable.  

Favorite food:
These are my favorite kabobs.  So simple, so good, and so perfect for summer. 

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp seasoned salt
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
1 lb fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3/4 inch slices
4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
2 cups fresh pineapple

In a large resealable plastic bag mix first five ingredients.  Add chicken and sausage.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for an hour. 

Meanwhile, cook potatoes until almost tender and allow to cool. 

Drain and discard marinade.  On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, potatoes, pineapple, and sausage.  Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning frequently.  


Favorite verse:
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7 


Favorite moment:
Claire loves hanging out on the front of my paddle board.  She sits up there and chats away while pointing out all the things she sees, and I love it.  


Favorite mom meme:
In all honesty, my entire house got toddlered. 


Have a fantastic weekend! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Keep your favorites coming!!! Totally trying the recipe 😋

    ReplyDelete