Playhouse Makeover

14 August

We bought this playhouse for Claire on her 3rd birthday, and it has served us well. I was never a huge fan of the colors, but I didn't really think too much about it, and I certainly didn't realize I could do something about it.  
That is, until I saw one on Pinterest that had been spray painted. It was the cutest thing ever, and at that moment I knew I needed to spray paint ours.  







 Here she is right before we took her apart.  
 We took off all the pieces we could (except those shutters...they just would NOT come off😖) and cleaned each piece.
 I applied 1-2 coats of primer on each piece.  This little tool was very handy for this project.  
 To paint the house, I used:
8 cans of white
7 cans of black 
and 2 cans of light blue

Yes, it required a lot of spray paint.

But it was totally worth it. 
To spruce it up even further, we added a chalkboard, a clock, a bell, and a new door knob.   
The kids absolutely love it, and these colors are much more my style.😏 Everyone wins.  



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Just beautiful! And that sweet girl in the house😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a pretty big fan of the updated playhouse!

      Delete