Friday Favorites

03 May


Favorite picture
We celebrated our favorite guy's 39th birthday on Wednesday.  A few things we love about Ben:
He keeps the Lord first in his life.  
He works so hard for us.  
He plays any crazy game that the kids think up- even when his role in the game is a blind, one-legged kitten. 
He encourages all of us. 
He loves and spoils us.  
He is a wonderful role model, and we're so thankful for him! 


Favorite kid quote
Tessa, while patting me on the shoulder, "You're my best friend, Mommy."  


Favorite clothing item:
I don't wear outside shoes inside the house.  I have sneakers that I wear inside, but was in need of some cute sneaks for outside.  I love this pair.  They go with everything, are very comfortable, and I absolutely love the laces.  They're not on sale anymore, but they do seem to go on sale frequently. 

Favorite food
I asked Ben what he wanted for his birthday meal, and he had just one request: Yorkshire pudding.  I hadn't made them for awhile, and forgot how much I like them too. 

Yorkshire pudding: 
1 cup flour
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt 

Let milk and eggs come to room temperature.  Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 1/2 hour.  Preheat oven to 450.  Put 1/2 tsp olive oil into each compartment of muffin tin.  Place in preheated oven and allow to get really, really hot (so that the oil is steaming).  Take out of the oven and immediately pour 1/4 cup of batter into each compartment. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until puffy and golden.  


favorite verse
Continuing earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving.  Colossians 4:2


Favorite moment
I know the days of me finding a Star Wars battle on my counter will be over before I know it.  


Favorite mom meme
Although I didn't swaddle her in tights, Tessa definitely gets away with waaaaayyyyy more than Claire ever did. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Such a cute pic of Ben and the kids and a well deserved tribute to him🙂. And that mom meme😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Ben!!!
    Oh my wordddd that Mom Meme is SO 100% spot ON!

    ReplyDelete