Mother's Day

21 May


 This year was a perfect Mother's Day.  
The day started off pretty chilly, but ended up beautiful, all 4 kiddos were feeling great, and my parents were visiting us. 
And what better time to dress like my girls than on Mother's Day?  Max was just happy I didn't force him to wear a floral shirt. 
You can find our incredibly comfortable dresses here

After church we went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant.  When we were finished, the sweet waitress came out with a rose for my mom and me. ❤️ And while we're on the subject of my mom, I need to give her a little shout out for being the best mom I could've ever asked for.  Thanks for all you do and all you are mom! 

 We headed back to church to prepare for our Mother's Day program.  
 The Sunday school kids (and my husband, dressed as a "reporter" from Bethlehem) put on a program about Mary, the mother of Jesus.   
 You guys.  
Grace, the girl who either cried or hid behind plants while on stage, stood up there all brave-like and actually PUT HER BLANKET DOWN.  She set it at her feet and looked at me with this smirk, like, "You see that mom?  I got this."  


 All the kids (and this fine group of "young adults") did such a great job.  
Our guest speaker, Travis (who also happens to be our dentist- he's a man of many talents) pulled a prank on Max that caused Max to draw on his face with soot.  Max was pretty horrified when he noticed his black finger- and I'm not entirely sure he'll ever trust Travis again. 😂

 It was a fantastic day, spent with some of my most favorite people.  I hope all of you moms out there were showered with love, and maybe a few treats. You deserve it! 











You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great Mother's Day!!!

    PS -I am so impressed that the teens get up and participate! Without bribery!!?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! They are such an amazing group of kids- we’re so thankful for them!

      Delete