In Bloom

22 May


So far, we've only had about 5 warm, sunny days this spring. 
On one of those rare days, we headed to the most beautiful greenhouse to stock up on flowers and vegetables.  
If you are local, I highly recommend checking out Hoover's Greenhouse in Ionia.   

My mom and I could have walked around for hours.  But these two made sure we didn't. 
 They were awfully cute pushing their little carts and enjoying all the plants, chairs, and fountains. Just very busy.  And grabby. 



 I remember my parents taking such good care of our front yard growing up- the flowers and lawn always looked flawless. Thankfully my mom still has all those skills.   
Ben made these garden beds for me, and I love them! Cute and simple, and hopefully protected enough to keep out any creatures attempting to steal my produce. 
 So far, we have planted strawberries, tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini, and cucumber in our garden. We plan to add a few more once the weather decides to act like spring again.  If you have some helpful gardening tips, please share your wisdom with us! This is our first year with raised garden beds, and we're all pretty excited to see how it goes.  Or how it doesn't go. 😬 


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love the pictures of the girls at the greenhouse! Very excited about your gardens, hope it goes well! Something Tyler wants to get in to, but I literally have no idea what I'm doing. Maybe I'll take tips from you someday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hopefully by the time you’re ready to try one, I’ll have all the do’s and don’ts for you.

      Delete
  2. Ohh I am driving out there for fresh garden grown salads!! Excited for your progress and that doggy flower pot- SO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom got that for Claire....couldn’t pass it up for that dog obsessed girl. 😉

      Delete