A Day in the Life

11 April





Today I'm sharing a day in our life.  Which is actually quite boring.  Busy, but boring.  So if you're nosy like me, and find other people's daily activities amusing, then enjoy these events that took place in the McCandless household on Tuesday.
As you can see above, I like to have some encouraging motivation on my alarm in the morning. I also realized that I forgot to plug my phone in the night before.🤦🏽‍♀️ 
I alternate between the elliptical machine and these workout videos.  Tuesday was workout video day, and I did this leg workout and this ab workout.  My favorite exercise videos on youtube are xhit and blogilates.  
I showered, got ready for the day, had breakfast and did a little devotional/journaling.   
 Then I packed three lunches. 
Grace and Max usually wake up on their own.  They make their beds, brush their teeth, get dressed and come downstairs.  Claire likes to sleep in, so I usually have to wake her up.  
 We did hair, ate breakfast, got Tessa up and ready, grabbed coats and back packs, and headed to school.  

 Tessa and I headed to our favorite spot on earth.  And left with treats for the drive home.  It was a beautiful, warm(ish)sunny day...so the iced vanilla chai made a reappearance. 


 The second I pull in the garage our cat insists on putting her paws all over my car and then settling into this spot.😑 
 Tess and I ate a quick lunch and then she went down for a nap. I did a little computer work, laundry (of course...because when doesn't that need to be done), and took advantage of the fleeting warm weather to repot a few plants.  

And just like that it was time to go back and pick up the big kids.


They all relax, eat a snack, and have some iPad time when they get home from school. After that they either play outside or in the basement.  It had gotten cool and windy outside, so we headed to the basement. 




Max's spring concert was that evening, so we had a quick dinner, got cleaned up, and headed back to school.  Ben had to work late, but Grandma came along to enjoy the blissful sound of 3rd graders playing recorders.    

 Grace told me she was all out of smiles for the day.  She is BEAT by dinnertime on school days.  



After the concert, everyone had showers and baths and watched a show. 
Ever since Claire was 3, our kids' bedtime routine has been: bath, brief show with fruit snacks/apples/bananas, brush teeth, read stories, hop in bed.  Our living room has just gotten more crowded over the years.  
 Ben got home in time to read to the bigger 2 while I read to the younger 2, and everyone was asleep by 8:30. My ears rejoiced. 
As much as I love my children, this is my favorite time of the day.  
Ben and I chatted for a bit, watched The Rookie and an episode of Chuck, and then called it a night.  
And that was a day in our life! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. ��-just think, only 2 more “hot cross buns” recorder concerts to look forward to��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this!!! Such a great idea and props to you for in home am workouts! You have such crazy inner drive, impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking back on these posts. ☺️ If I don't workout first thing in the morning, I know it won't happen...and I do not like when I don't close all my rings on my Apple Watch. 😉

      Delete