Mom's Nail Salon

03 April



The girls love visiting "Mom's Nail Salon".  I actually love it too- it's cheaper, I don't have to drive anywhere, and I love how excited they get about it. 
On this particular day, they wanted to dress up.  Claire was the teenager, taking her younger sister out for a "sisters day".  They remained in character the whole time- they made appointments, had purses with money, and told me stories of their blissful life where they have puppies and kittens in their house. 


Tessa got to play the role of my daughter, who liked to play in my salon and get her nails done along with the customers. 
Life gets so busy sometimes and it seems like there is always something that needs to be done and some task that is calling my attention.  That dryer full of clothes, those dishes in the sink, the crumbs scattered all over the floor...they are things that can wait, things that will always be there.  But these sweet, simple moments?  They're not going to be around forever, so I'm working on  getting better at creating and enjoying more of them. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments