All Time Favorites {Baby/kid Items}

02 April



I love reading about people's favorite things.  Before I buy ANYTHING (even something as insignificant as a pair of socks) I read allllllllllllll the reviews.  I like to know what people like, what they don't like, what they can't live without, what they hated with a vengeance.  
I have tried many things, and feel like I should share my knowledge with the world (in other words, share my lack of knowledge with the 10 people who read this blog😂). So every now and then, I'll post my "all time favorites" on a particular subject.   

First up, my all time favorite baby/kid items.  
We're all done with babies in this house, and over the past 10 years I have tried many, many, many baby items.  Particularly strollers.  
🙋🏽Hi, my name's Jill and I have a stroller addiction. So if you are going to have a baby or toddler soon or maybe want to update an item that you didn't like, enjoy these tried and true finds.  
And if your kids are grown, or you don't want kids ever, you can enjoy looking at pictures of my kids and random baby items.  

Favorite All Around Stroller: 
The Baby Jogger City Select.  
It moves so easily, and I love the different configurations.  Perfect from birth up to...well, even Claire still hops on the glider board, and she's 10.😉 

Favorite Jogging Stroller: 
The style of the Valco Baby Trimode has changed since our version, but we absolutely loved this stroller.  4 kids want a ride back from the beach?  No problem.  

Favorite umbrella stroller: 
Chicco Liteway.  Compact, but with enough room, and turns easily. And sometimes you can get the really weird colors on major clearance.  Like the one I have.   

Favorite baby carrier: 
 Definitely Baby Bjorn. It was so comfortable for both me and the baby, and they were so secure in there.  Tessa didn't fit in the Bjorn, so I had to try other options with her.  I did the wrap, and an Ergobaby.  They weren't bad, but they weren't my Bjorn.  Maybe it was just because I was used to that one- but it was definitely my favorite.  
(Grace and the Baby Bjorn are both under that blanket) 


Favorite baby seat: 
 The Bumbo of course!  Mine didn't come with a seat belt like they do now- but I never had a baby fall out of it.😂 I love that the shape of this seat allows babies to use it so early.  



Favorite travel gear: 

Best portable potty on the market.  This bad boy is in our car at all times, and *I've heard from a friend* that even adults can use it in an emergency.  


This mattress topper for pack and plays is wonderful.  I find pack and play cushions to be hard as a rock- and I think they should be just a little softer.  This solves that problem, and folds up for travel.  

If you go to the beach with a baby or toddler, I can't recommend this tent enough.  They are perfect for napping, playing, and using as a private little bathroom with the portable potty inside. All the moms in my family have used them (at times our beach area looked like a campsite with several of these tents set up) and we have used them over and over and over.  We have even used them  instead of a pack n play because these are smaller to travel with.  


Favorite car seat: 
I wasn't totally in love with my infant car seat (it was really, really big) but I absolutely LOVE this toddler car seat.  My favorite part?  You can take off the cover without even having to remove the seat from the car. You simply undo a few snaps and it just slides right off.  Throw it in the washer, let it dry, and slip it back on again.  BEST THING EVER.  If your kids are anything like mine, those car seats get straight up nasty.  I actually bought another seat cover because with Tessa's complications- she often peed/pooped/barfed/all of the above on that seat, sometimes more than once a day.  It's a lifesaver to be able to change it so easily. 



Favorite diaper bag: 
I am currently still using this diaper bag and I. LOVE. IT.  
It's the perfect size...I didn't want a big bag, yet this holds everything I need.  I love wearing a backpack, and the interior cooler pocket is perfect for extra containers of Peptamen Jr. 


Favorite wipes: 
I will carry these wipes for the rest of my life.  They are the perfect texture, and tackle any mess that I throw their way.  


Favorite sound machine: 

The sound machines we use are apparently antiques and can now only be bought off of eBay, but this is a good one.  If I could offer any piece of advice for raising kids who sleep through anything or sleep anywhere, it would be to use a sound machine and take that sound machine everywhere you go.  It's amazing what those little things can do.  


Favorite cups/bowls/plates: 
These cups really do keep drinks cold for hours.  And I love all the different styles for big and little kids alike.  

And we love this collection of bowls, plates, and cups from Target. 

I use these containers every day when packing school lunches.  We've been using them every single day for years and they are still in perfect condition.  



Favorite Bible books: 
My sister-in-law was just asking about which bible books we read with our kids, so I thought I'd add them to this list too.  We read this book after dinner, as it's split up into brief stories.  
And we read this book at bedtime.  It's laid out like a cartoon and has great illustrations that the kids love to look at.  


So there you have it- a very random assortment of some of my favorite baby/kid items.  Anything you absolutely loved to use with your kids?  Let me know! 










You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Just got the Bible book in the mail yesterday!! Thanks for the recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you asked- you guys will enjoy it. 😊

      Delete
  2. Awesome list!!!!
    Love your stroller suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete