Let's Look

10 April

Let's Look!
Today, I'm linking up with Shay and Erika to take a look at our pantries. I love looking at pantries. Is it weird that I like to see what people eat and how they put it all away?  Probably.  Moving on... 

My pantry is actually something I'm planning on changing when we redo our kitchen.  But this works for us for now. 😊 
The pantry is the first cabinet, right next to the fridge.  
 This is where we keep breakfast foods (cereal, oatmeal), snacks, pasta, canned goods, cake mixes, baking items, potatoes, onions, etc.  The top cabinets hold paper products and our "extras". 
 I don't like boxes.  I like to actually see what I have, and when something is getting low.  These Oxo containers are wonderful.  I usually pick them up at Homegoods, but Target carries them as well.  I would love to put our cereal in them, but the kids like looking at the back of the cereal boxes, and I feel like making forts out of the boxes while you eat your breakfast is an important part of childhood. 
 I picked up these long containers at Homegoods and they are excellent for storing snacks.  They make it easy for the kids to pick something (because let's face it, kids ask for snacks approximately 4,328 times a day) and they keep everything organized.  


All the things I use for cooking and baking are in a cabinet right by the stovetop and mixer.  I have had these Tupperware canisters since I got married 16 (😳) years ago, and I still love them.  

So there you have it.  My simple, functional pantry. The one area of my house that actually does stay neat and organized even though the kids are messing around in it every day.  



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Makes life a little easier. 😉

      Delete
  2. I do love those OXO containers as well, but left them when we moved for the 3rd time haha! I totally need to repurchase!! No doubt you have some adorable little scoopers to get the food out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need to get them again! It's the first spot I head to every time I go to Homegoods. 😉

      Delete
  3. I love peeking into people's homes and pantries are such a huge part of our every day life! Yours is so neat and organized!

    And I have those exact same Tupperware canisters too...LOVE Tupperware!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They hold up forever and work so well.

      Delete