Friday Favorites

12 April


Favorite picture:
Our weather was amazing on Monday- sunny and 80.  It made us anxious for summer and bare feet.

Favorite kid quote:
Tessa: "These pants are so practical".  
I repeated the word "practical" back to her, and she told me yes, that was in fact what she was trying to say.  So basically, her vocabulary is very advanced. 


Favorite clothing item:
I recently got this new top and I love it- now I just need some warm weather again so I can wear it. 


Favorite food:
I made these "treats" with Grace this week.  Honestly, I don't know what to call these things.  We got the recipe from a young guy at our church (thanks Layne!) and our family loves them.  They are so easy to make, and the kids love to help. 

Peanut Butter....treat things:  
(For real, give me some help here to name these delicious little nuggets) 
6 squares white almond bark
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
3 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups mini marshmallows 

Melt almond bark, peanut butter and butterscotch chips until smooth.  Add cereal and marshmallows.  Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to cool.  

That's it. 

Do yourself a favor and just go ahead and make them this weekend.  


Favorite verse:
Come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28



Favorite moment:
Everybody happily playing in the sunshine and sandbox. 


Favorite mom meme:
Grace is the queen of asking something in a million different ways even after I've said a big, gigantic, flat out NO. I guess I gotta hand it to her for her creativity and persistence. 

Have a great weekend!  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Tessa😂😂😂😂. And.....those peanut butter things~yum. Maybe call them Laynes🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂We do usually say "Layne's cookies" when referring to them!

      Delete