House Tour: Claire & Max's Room

25 April



Right now, Claire and Max share a room.  I know that this situation will not last for much longer, but for now, they still love being in the same room with each other.  In a few years, these bunk beds will be moved for Grace and Tessa to enjoy.  
Unexpected fact about me: I love Star Wars.  I have loved it since I was young, and much to my delight, Claire and Max love it too.  
So we went with a neutral Star Wars room and bathroom for them. Their room still needs an accent rug, and  we are slowly changing all the trim and baseboards in our entire house, but we'll get there eventually. 😉 

Each kid has a bean bag to store all of their stuffed animals.  WHY DO KIDS LOVE STUFFED ANIMALS?! They're so pointless. And are always all over the place. But bean bags at least help corral most of them.
This bunk bed is from Pottery Barn Kids, and we absolutely love it. We just bought the loft and put it on top of the queen bed we already had in this room.  I don't love changing sheets on the top bunk, but this bedding has been such a lifesaver.  Seriously, if you have bunk beds, you need to get Beddy's bedding.  It's all one piece: the top zippers onto the bottom fitted sheet, so you just slip the whole thing on.  It's machine washable, and we have washed all kinds of nasty "kid accidents" out of it.  


I attached this canvas wall organizer next to the bottom bunk so the kids could store their book and nightlight, since they don't have a nightstand.  
The lighting the the bathroom isn't great, but they have some fun Star Wars decor in there as well, including this huge, awesome light speed poster that I LOVE. 
 I remember my mom letting us add decorations to our rooms when we were younger. I'm sure she probably didn't necessarily love it when I had Star Wars figurines all over my otherwise girly bedroom, but she let me do it anyway.  I think kids should be able to decorate and express themselves in their rooms, even if it's not picture perfect.  It's their space, and I think it should reflect them. So while I may not enjoy the countless kitten, puppy, and Minecraft posters they have hanging on their walls and doors, I just let them be. 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love this room! And love that they still like sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love how much they look forward to having "talk time" before they go to bed. ☺️ And on the weekends that time turns into "Max's trick shot time", but whatever.

      Delete
  2. Their room is awesome!! Room sharing is so fun!! and you nailed the gender neutral look! Can't wait for more rooms on this room tour!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! 😘 And yes, I feel like room sharing is a right of childhood.

      Delete